One of the most common branding tips you will find for your business or website is to create a Facebook page.
For this reason, I am sharing with you in this short article the top 5 SEO tips on how to manage a Facebook page for your business website.
- Claim your Facebook Vanity URL – You would be amazed by how many clients we worked with that have 1000plus FB page likes but still have not claimed a vanity domain. (eg. www.facebook.com/novatise). URLs are heavily weighted by search engine algorithms, so include your brand name and one keyword if possible when you claim the FB page URL.
- Choose the best name for your Facebook Fan Page– This may sound like a no-brainer but it is the most basic step when it comes to optimising your brand on Facebook. You have to be smart in choosing a keyword type of FB page like. If you appear too spammy, your fans might be turned off.
- Use keywords in strategic locations on your FB page. Just like traditional website, keyword optimisation is the most fundamental form of on site SEO. The most important pieces to pay attention to are the About, Mission and Company Description. These are the areas where SEO elements are pulled from the fan page.
- Backlink to you fan page on existing channels – The more inbound links to your page, the more authoritative your page is according to Google. This will make you rank higher. Whenever possible, include a link to your fan page from your other digital channels like your website, blog and Twitter.
- Optimise Facebook Fan page status updates – When posting updates on the FB wall, the first 18 characters are your meta description. Best practise will be to include a website link to generate awesome SEO juice.
Every other day, because of difficult confidence to achieve the marketing goal, businesses are very much inspired to bring creative online marketing ideas to life on social media marketing. Facebook in ways have a real impact on their business bottom line. Many have searched out for how to leverage their Facebook groups to improve brand loyalty and how to directly interact with customers. As your brand involves in the social channel for advertising, marketing and branding, it is good to study competitor’s strategies to take a keen observation of what they have done with the platform. From there, strategise and improve on it.
Share the post "Top 5 SEO Tips for your Facebook Page"